Re: [Amps] Westinghouse BC Ammeter QX-37

To: k6kwq@msn.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Westinghouse BC Ammeter QX-37
From: HAROLD B MANDEL <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 11:42:51 -0500

Subject: [Amps] Westinghouse BC Ammeter QX-37
Dear Jim, Dick and all the others who responded,

Thank you for your replies.

Yes, the meter will go in the negative return line
to the power supply, and will have back to back
200 peak amp diodes plus disk caps.

The "peace-of-mind" request was specifically
written because I didn't wish my ignorance
of the Westinghouse panel meter design to
enable me to connect them and possibly burn
them out after fourteen hours of metalwork
fashioning 3.625" holes in a 1/8" thick
aluminum front panel that costs $35.00
each to replace.

(All this in a hotel room. The hotel dick
banging on the door, the ESL desk clerk
calling at 0230, 0300, etc., asking
"Meester Hol, what for you grinding?")

(There was a knife fight out front on
Friday night; two women, one guy,
many police cars. I figure Ham Radio
is at least harmless compared to combat.)

Thanks,

Hal, W4HBM