Re: [Amps] Building or Buying a Tuned Input Network

To: k6zz@ccis.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Building or Buying a Tuned Input Network
From: w6ah@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 06:24:12 +0000
Bob

I'm willing to guess that he will tell you the expertise of people working on
amps varies widely and those at the bottom end of the spectrum are of marginal
competence. If I sell a few hundred complete kits I'm going to have a couple of
dozen individuals that will keep me tied up on the phone for 10 to 20 hours a
week with customer support issues. In essence I wind up troubleshoot these guys
amps from top to bottom on issues unrelated to my product. At 60 bucks for the
kit I wind up taking it in the shorts. That was why he suspended production of
the kits. He produced the kit as a way to supply a finished PC Boards and
critical components to eliminate the grunt work of PC board lay out and
etching. As well as reducing the the time chasing after relays and toroidal
cores. Designing the circuit and coming up with the caps and wiring should not
be that big a deal.

Regarding tuning, with the Q levels as low as they are component selection is
not that critical. The circuit is there to present a constant load to the
transmitter through out the conduction cycle

73s

Bob W6AH

From: "Bob Selbrede, K6ZZ" <k6zz@ccis.com>