[Amps] Alpha 78 QSK Board

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 78 QSK Board
From: RZaepfel@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:28:38 EST
I'm looking for a little help unraveling a problem with the QSK board on my
78. 1) When the amp is turned on (not keyed), the re switching  relays,K4 and
K5, are pulling up. I'm putting this amp back on  the air after a long time in
storage and I bought it with unknown problems. The  first sympton of this was
that when the amp is turned on signals passing through  to the transceiver
are heavily attenuated, as if the antenna was disconnected.  An ohmmeter check
shows that something's going on when the amp is turned  on. 2) this problem
doesn't happen when the QSK board is removed from it's  socket. 3) The exciter
keying relay, K11, on the QSK board is NOT pulling when  the amp is keyed.

If anyone out there has been through this and would be willing to help a
bit, please contact me off list. Thanks.

Bob K4HJF
_rzaepfel@aol.com_ (mailto:rzaepfel@aol.com)