Re: [Amps] Hi Potting a 4-1000

To: uncrichie@comcast.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hi Potting a 4-1000
From: "wc6w@juno.com" <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 00:22:38 GMT
Hi Kurt,
  A good (or at least gas free) 4-1000A should exhibit less that a uA of
leakage up to 20KV.

  Check it cold.

  Also ensure that the glass is clean prior to the test.

73 & Good afternoon,
  Marv WC6W

-- "Kurt Lacko" <uncrichie@comcast.net> wrote:
I have a 4-1000 tube of questionable origin.  I don't have an amplifier to test
it and before asking someone to drop it in their amp I want to test as best I
can first. My Hi Pot setup goes to 10KV.  What voltage should I be able to go
to (grid/anode)and what would be an acceptable leakage (in micro amps)at that
voltage?  Should this test be with or without energized filaments?  Anything
else I should do or know about.  Thanks in advance,  Kurt...