[Amps] Ferrite cores for RF TSPA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Ferrite cores for RF TSPA
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 12:23:08 -0700
There has been a lot of discussion on the class E
amplifier discussion group, about ferrite
materials and their applications. I thought a
link here might bring some interchange between
discussions:
http://classe.monkeypuppet.com/viewtopic.php?t=513

Also, don't forget Ferroxcube, they are online,
and have been one of the original suppliers of
ferromagnetic materials for many years. You buy
their stuff (like rods) from a rep/distributor
such as Adams Magnetics. They have a good
selection but the numbering is totally different,
like 3C3 and 4B3 etc, instead of #43 and #61 etc.

Ceramic Magnetics in NJ is a small company, which
does make some very nice ferrite materials as
well, and can machine/cut in various shapes.

Fair Rite really took the market when they
offered those beads, balun and core kits for EMI
suppression. They got companies like Newark and
Allied distributing them too.  Every RF company
and lab that I have been in seems to have and use
them.??

73
john
K5PRO