Re: [Amps] Fw: FW: RFI Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fw: FW: RFI Question
From: "N7HIY" <N7HIY@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:39:55 -0800
ferrite manuf.'s are limited in the ferrite materials they can use for spit
cores because of casting, permeability properties and machining
properties....few of the ferrite materials that exhibit high HF attenuation
are usable in spit cores.
measure them anyway you like, sig. generator and spectrum analyzer, network
analyzer, impedance bridge, vector impedance analyzer; none of the spit
cores exhibit cost effective usable HF attenuation below 20 MHz. except type
31 from Fair-Rite which is difficult to buy on the street.  The Radio? Shack
versions have one of the lowest measured HF attenuation factors of commonly
available on the street retail ferrites, I refuse to waste money on them.
material 31 split cores are now avail from Amidon for the ham comm. in small
quantities, less than 1000

the original query was concerning HF overload of a computer speaker system,
not VHF.

Cliff N7HIY