Re: [Amps] Filter capacitor values

To: TexasRF@aol.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Filter capacitor values
From: HAROLD B MANDEL <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:28:46 -0500
Dear Gerald,

If you have been following the threads on this reflector
for a few years you will probably remember the story
of the screw-up with PWD on my dual 3CPX1500A7
project where first, the wrong transformer was wound,
and shipped. It was eventually returned under a Yellow
Tag and a new 3A, 3000V, CCS unit was manufactured,
but sent to the wrong address where it sat for 3 months.

In the current project my first choice for iron was again PWD,
but this time, a smaller capacity unit was manufactured, and
a second attempt was made. The second unit was again sent
to the wrong address and it sat for weeks while PWD sat
on their hands.

The oerder was cancelled after I diswcovered them actually
lying to me about the situation. One day later a shipment arrived
after they told me they couldn't produce for one to two weeks
and the order was cancelled. They eventually picked it up
on a Yellow Tag and good riddance.

Tom Hand, down in Demorest, Georgia, was recommended
to me by a commercial broadcast contact.

706 - 754 - 1303.

The products received exceeded the quality of the prior
supplier. Heavier supports, thicker leads, better glass
insulation on the leads.  Full dunking into the tar vat
for waterproofing. He wound the filament, bias and
anode iron, all with dual 117/234 primaries.

Hal
W4HBM