Re: [Amps] HB Amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HB Amps
From: "Larry Carman" <lncarman@swbell.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 13:44:44 -0600
The first amp I built was in about 1980 and used a pair of 6KD6 tubes pulled
from TV sets. I also used the transformer out of an old TV set. The pair of
6KD6 tubes would do 200 watts output on 10 thru 40 mtrs. That was a fun
project for a beginner and I didn't sacrifice very much cash. Not too bad an
idea to start small and build confidence or otherwise you may spend big
bucks and become discouraged to the point of no return.
Regards,
Larry N5BIP