Re: [Amps] A $500 amp!

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] A $500 amp!
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:04:18 -0500
Mike,

What made me jaw drop was how they had the HV lead coming out of that plywood
box and the way it went into the amp. They had the wire going through an
un-insulated hole where the power cord used to be. The wire looked like regular
hookup wire, and some looked to be stripped out of SO cord. I was seeing
somebody laying their hand on the cabinet, and well you see the picture. Then I
read it had been upgraded. Upgraded from what? I've seen a lot of 11 meter
amps, including one made with a paint pan (like you dip your roller in) for a
chassis, but this one really gets my goat. Well at least they tried to stain
and varnish the plywood box, hi hi.

Best,

Will