[Amps] AL80A

To: "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] AL80A
From: "Georgens, Tom" <Tom.Georgens@netapp.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 07:15:49 -0800
Hello -

My AL80A in Barbados failed after years of reliable service.

It looks like all of the diodes on the rectifier board are shorted.  I
also noticed that one of the diodes had a chunk blown out of it.  I can
obviously replace the diodes but I would like to know why they all
failed.  Is it possible that if one diode fails, they all fail?  Or,
should I be concerned about a problem further down stream.  Rudimentary
ohmmeter checks of the capacitor bank/load looked normal

Thanks for your help.

Tom W2SC 8P5A