Re: [Amps] tube impedance, figuring tank circuit values

To: gpatterson53@hotmail.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] tube impedance, figuring tank circuit values
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 11:30:07 EST

We are trying to match 50 ohms to the tube plate under full power output
conditions for the class of operation. Full power output happens with full
drive, maximum plate current and whatever plate voltage is present under these
conditions. Therefore, the voltage to be used is the full load value which is
invariably less than no load conditions due to power supply and ac line voltage

IR drop.

73,
Gerald K5GW

 In a message dated 3/31/2006 10:22:21 A.M. Central Standard Time,
gpatterson53@hotmail.com writes:

ok....  one guy says use the "open circuit voltage" the other guy say use the

loaded "operating voltage" ..................who is  correct