Re: [Amps] tube impedance, figuring tank circuit values

To: g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk, dezrat@copper.net,Chuck_Partain@maxtor.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] tube impedance, figuring tank circuit values
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 12:26:45 EST

Peter, I can't make this information agree with practice. For example, I
have a TH347 amplifier on 23cm that runs 3000vdc at 1.8A on the plate.
Conventional design would yield a plate impedance of 925 ohms using a k=1.8
factor.
This amplifier runs class AB2.

With a screen voltage of 600v, the plate voltage swing is close to 2400v. I
have read that peak plate current runs three times average typically or  5.4A
in this case. Using your information, this would yield a plate impedance of
444 ohms.

Clearly, some key factor is missing here. Perhaps my peak current equals
three times average current factor is in error? Perhaps the plate voltage swing

should include the "missing" half cycle?

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 4/1/2006 5:04:08 A.M. Central Standard Time,