Re: [Amps] tube 3CX5000A7 ( I sell them)

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tube 3CX5000A7 ( I sell them)
From: "Dr. David Kirkby" <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 09:21:37 +0100
Norman Hockler wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I have sold the YC156 for some years. Been off the reflector for a while.
> I now have a some available again.
>
> Contact me off list for further information.
>
> Norman N8NH

The 3CX5000A7 is quite different from the YC156.

The YC156 is identical (apart from some tests performed at Eimac) to the
3CPX5000A7, but the 3CPXC5000A7 & 3CXC5000A7 are quite different. Physically
they look the same, but electrically they are very different. Not even the
heater voltage is the same.

Data at www.g8wrb.org on all 3 tubes as well as on the 3CX15,000B7 which has
the
same grid and cathode as the 3CPXC5000A7 & YC156.

BTW, the 3CX5000A7 says it can be used in class C, but I received an email some
years back from Eimac saying they don't reccomend that, as failure rates were
higher in FM transmitters than expected.

Of course, if the original poster put the wrong tube number, these comments are
all a bit wasted.