Re: [Amps] sealed air cooled dummy load in oil??

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <gpatterson53@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] sealed air cooled dummy load in oil??
From: "Pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 18:56:29 -0700
You want to be careful of the maximum current and voltage - heat is not the
only issue - I remember some "50KW" Bird water cooled loads - and 50 KW was
it - If you ran 100 percent amplitude modulation at 50 KW the load would
pop - Bird said it was a voltage issue.

I once did some fusing current measurements on nichrome thin film
resistors - various sheet resistivities - and you could see little
"streamers" in the element before the element would fail .

 Anyhow - just getting the heat out may or may not allow the load to
survive.

FWIW -- Hank K7HP