[Amps] Sources of CPVC for GS35b Chimney

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Sources of CPVC for GS35b Chimney
From: Kevin LaHaie <klahaie@centricata.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:29:00 -0700
Hello group

Among the many amp projects I have in the works, one is based on the GS-35b.

Per Jim, K7RDX, 'Hot Water Rated' PCV in the 4" size is the perfect
size and a durable material for a chimney.  This is known as CPVC to
the pipe world, and apparently is good to several hundred degrees F.

So, run to the local pipe or plumbing shop and get some, right?  WRONG!
All the places I tried only stock it sizes up to 2".

You can imagine their delight in my asking for 1 FOOT of the 4" size
(still way more than I need!).  I was told that it comes in 10 foot
lengths, and to special order it I may need to buy a pallet full.  This
may be different depending on the relationship one has with the shop,
but a 'walk in off the street ham' won't get any special favors!

So, here perhaps is an opportunity for someone to buy a stock of 10
footers, cut it into 1 foot lengths and provide us GS35b amp builders
what we need?  Maybe offer to silkscreen the tube number on it? Your
callsign? Your Amp's Name? (Ampzilla, for example)

Just kidding. hihi

Does anyone know of a source of this in small quantities?

Thanks!

Kevin K7ZS