[Amps] Love those rules that keep us on the straight and narrow!

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Love those rules that keep us on the straight and narrow!
From: Mark Hill <g4fph@mjha.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:54:27 +0100
Will / Jim,

97.315 looks ill drafted to me.

Think I might suggest that, in addition, one shoelace should be
longer than the other when constructing your 'one amp per
year'.  Trouble is, I can't work out what would be best if the amp.
building spans more than an year?  What about alternating shoelace
lengths based on odd/even calendar years?

Regards.

Mark.

At 17:42 26/04/2006, Jim Kearman wrote:

>From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
>
> >The strange thing is they want this test, but allow any ham
> > to build one amp per year, and some don't have the means to do this test!
>
>The way I read it, you can build one amp _per model_ per year.
>
>97.315 Certification of external RF power amplifiers
>
>(a) No more than 1 unit of 1 model of an external RF power amplifier
>capable of operation below 144 MHz may be constructed or modified
>during any calendar year by an amateur operator for use at a station
>without a grant of certification....
>

>To me that means if you make a reasonably significant change from
>one amp to the next you can build all you want. So many different
>tubes, so little time!
>
>73,
>
>Jim, KR1S
>http://kr1s.kearman.com/

Mark Hill - G4FPH
E-mail: g4fph@mjha.co.uk
Current web pages at: www.g4fph.net
Old web pages at: www.qsl.net/g4fph
Dipoles resonant on 1942 / 3720 / 7085 kHz
Three element wire beam coming soon on 14180 kHz!
Remember - SIDE for HV safety:
S witch off
I solate
D ump