[Amps] Diathermy machines

To: amps@contesting.com (Amps)
Subject: [Amps] Diathermy machines
From: jkearman@att.net (Jim Kearman)
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 13:04:51 +0000
A couple of weeks ago I had the chance to buy a diathermy machine for $10. The
case was somewhat larger than a full-sized PC tower, and pretty heavy. I think
it ran on 27 MHz. I let it go because I wasn't up to opening the case to see
what was inside. The seller said it had two tubes but didn't know what they
were. It seemed like a good start for an HF amp but I have too many projects as
it is.

Are, say, post-1950 diathermy machines good parts sources for amps? Seems like
the power transformer might be worthwhile if nothing else. This one was wired
for 117, though. Thanks.

73,

Jim, KR1S
http://kr1s.kearman.com/