[Amps] thp-4 HV transformer

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] thp-4 HV transformer
From: "Larry Carman" <lncarman@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 16:50:54 -0500
I picked up a very old HV transformer, in good condition, which came from a
RF heater which ran a 5868/TB4-1250 tube. The model number on the
transformer is THP-4. I have no idea who manufactured it or when it was
made. Maybe someone can tell me more about it?  When I connect 240 to the
primary I get a .45 amp primary current draw with no load on secondary.  Is
this typical for very old transformers?  The secondary is center-tapped with
½ the secondary winding above the other ½ on the core. I get about 4700 VAC
from center tap to either of the other secondary legs. It weights 46 lbs.
Maybe this would be a good HV trans for a 4-1000 tube. Any help identifying
this dinosaur would be appreciated.

Regards,

Larry N5BIP