Re: [Amps] Telefunken vs2525/1

To: d.nanni@fastwebnet.it, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Telefunken vs2525/1
From: <sm0aom@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 11:23:43 +0200 (MEST)
I have seen this amplifier briefly in the 70's, and it is related to
the
Telefunken family of servo-tune amplifiers that was used quite
widely in military and point-to-point services in the 60's and 70's.
The most known in this family was the 30 kW SV 2400/1.

It is very likely that the "inner workings" of this 1 kW PA are
similar
to the 30 kW, using the "Logistat" logic modules to govern the
automatic tuning
cycle.

To preset the tuning elements to their proper starting position,
the Telefunken amplifiers use a discriminator-based frequency
setting unit, the "Frequenz-Bereichs-Analysator" that uses an RF
sample
from the driver to select one of 28 initial settings.

I would say it would be quite diffcult to get the amplifier running
without proper
documentation.

73/

Karl-Arne