Re: [Amps] One GS-35B or two?

To: Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] One GS-35B or two?
From: Tony King - W4ZT <amps080605@w4zt.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:48:22 -0400

Roy Koeppe wrote:
> Tony said...
>
> "There is no use wasting another tube and increasing the demand for
> filament current, plate current AND lowering your plate load impedance
> by using two tubes."
>
> Tony, huh?,
>
> You would not increase your plate current or lower your plate load
> impedance if you ran the same legal power limit with either one or a
> pair of those tubes. (Besides, lowering plate Z is not necessarily a bad
> thing? Your tank circuit runs more efficiently with a lower ratio of
> in/out transformation).
>
> 73,   Roy   K6XK

Thanks Roy... if it were only true... I haven't seen anyone yet that
could run a pair without pushing them and that means all the above.

You are absolutely right if it were kept to legal power!  It wouldn't be
better though. It would just be more hardware and filament power for no
gain at all.  Plus higher output C which would make ten meters more
difficult.  I still say, keep tubes to themselves. They don't have
feelings and wont mind spending their life alone ;)

Thanks and 73, Tony W4ZT