[Amps] Coef of coupling K

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Coef of coupling K
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 15:45:58 -0600
I believe that your K is in the ballpark for the WLW PA. Looking at
the Radiotron designers handbook there is a chart of K versus spacing
for two identical coaxial solenoids. The range is from 0.004 to > 0.1
for receiver circuits. There is also an empirical formula for spiral
flat coils. If it took K to be .143 to get the proper tube plate load
impedance, then that should be the correct k for the WLW
transformer,IMHO.

73
john