Re: [Amps] who needs it

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] who needs it
From: "Harold Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:13:14 -0400
An Open Letter:

Dear Amps@Contesting.com administrator,

The following message has just arrived through the reflector.

Inasmuch as comment was made recently by perhaps you that
a topic had run its course, you allowed residuals to still be posted
with the popularity of the forum among us members, and for that
allowance you are to be thanked.

Then the below message arrives.

This is a patently racist and biased opinion having absolutely nothing
to do with amplifiers or a collateral subject, and is offensive, personally
and professionally.

The Amps reflector is read the entire world over by respected persons
who, like myself, have gained much technical knowledge from the
learned opinions and responses we post here.

Amateur Radio has always occupied the place of international
diplomacy whereby we see each other as colleagues, able to
hash things about, sometimes vehemently, but always politely.

My amateur friends in various countries do not comport themselves
as nationals, but as fellow amateurs, and that is one of the glories
our hobby has, and that tradition is what keeps me and perhaps others,
interested and active.

Respectfully,

Harold Mandel
W4HBM

[snip]
well looks like this reflector has gone to sh-t, mabey cber,s have taken
over or brains have been droping cells like mexicans coming across the
border, or mabey it is disimbodied
[yankeys walking around with nothing but cb brains and weels under thier
necks
[snip]