Re: [Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED

To: R L Measures <r@somis.org>, k7fm <k7fm@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2006 10:45:59 +0200 (CEST)
In my innocence, something puzzles me. Is the indexing on the SB220 bandswitch
very weak, or are the capacitors very stiff? I would have thought that the
resistance to turning of the bandswitch would be sufficient to tell the
oeprator that he (or she) was attempting to turn the wrong knob before it
actually moved.
What size is the bandswitch? Is it the one with centres about an inch and a
quarter apart? If so, it's pretty marginal at 1 kW: the KW1000 amp from KW
Electronics in the UK used that size switch, but had a phenolic shaft to get
the voltage rating up.
73
Peter G3RZP