Re: [Amps] buying MRF-150's

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] buying MRF-150's
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 07:23:43 +0100

Dan Levin wrote:
> Well, I'm wouldn't say that RF Parts is as good a place as any if you care
> about price, and I don't know if they really match parts or just match lot
> numbers like CCI does.

I don't know about the matching method, but rfparts list price is $50 vs
$54 for Richardson for single devices. I have a Richardson trade
account, but I'm told they do not encourage personal buyers. For one
pair, rfparts seemed quick and easy, and I've had good service in the
past - not everyone handles export customers so easily.

On the topic of matching, if the transistors have individual bias
controls, then lot number matching should be more than enough for any
normal amplifier application.

Steve