Re: [Amps] RCA 8122 Tubes

To: Glenn McNeil <vk4tzl@bigpond.net.au>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RCA 8122 Tubes
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 06:20:14 -0700
That's a long time for tubes to sit unused. I'd suggest running them
with filament power only for about 48 hours, then hi-potting them at
their max rated anode voltage. If they don't arc, they are probably ok.

I once had a known good 3-500Z go bad after not being used for only
six years. I'm sure others have similar stories to tell.

73, Bill W6WRT