[Amps] Anyone Recognize These Components?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Anyone Recognize These Components?
From: "w2cqm@juno.com" <w2cqm@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 11:43:06 GMT
I recently purchased an early (Pre MFJ) inoperable Ameritron AL1200 amplifier
realizing full well that it was extensively modified with components and
circuit alterations that would be difficult to decipher. Hopefully, there's
someone out there that can identify the two part component board depicted in
the digital before I remove it. The PC board appears to be professionally
etched. There is no antenna changeover relay and the large black coax wire in
the foreground connects directly from the pi-net output to the antenna output
SO239. Lots of cut wires and no recognizable method for bias control. I would
cautiously assume that this is some method of pin diode control. The amp is not
functioning for a variety of reasons so it's impossible to assess if this
circuit was working or simply a failed attempt at some modification. All the
mods appears to be in the antenna changeover circuit Any comments would be
appreciated. Ron W2CQM/3 http://Swap.qth.com/segamida/537719.jpg