Re: [Amps] IM distortion and such

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] IM distortion and such
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:57:31 -0400
Tom,

Sure, you can run over the rated current temporarily, but to advise one to do
so sets you up for liability. I can not tell someone to operate a tube outside
the published curves. What if I did, then they turned the tube in, and the
manufacturer refused to replace it after they told them I recommended doing
that? The person then could come back on me for the costs incurred. That is a
very possible scenario! I will not recommend to anyone on this list to ever run
a tube outside the listed curves or maximum ratings. That's one of the first
things I learned when working in engineering. Never say something will do more
than the published ratings. If I had where I worked as an engineer, I'd have
been fired or severely disciplined for doing it.

Your missing the whole point I'm trying to make, I guess, as I'm not alluding
to anything about the published Ameritron rating, or what has happened in the
past. This is just the way any working engineer should advise anyone with a
question concerning maximum ratings and published curves.

Best,

Will