[Amps] The Plywood Box RF Amplifier

To: Amps Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] The Plywood Box RF Amplifier
From: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:44:18 -0700
... is for sale by the owner.  As far as I know, the only mod was
that the tube & chimney have been changed from an 8170 to an 8171.  I
will provide gratis technical assistance to virtually any licensed
Amateur Radio Operator who buys it and requests such.  If interested,
E-mail me, ring my doorbell, or telephone me for contact
information.  I will also make recommendations for circuit
improvements if asked.
    To power the sucker up, one needs a 3-wire electric range outlet
fed with #4 Cu, or for <50' runs, #6 Cu will do.  For the Gnd/N wire,
#12 Cu is enough since it carries virtually zero current.  The total
weight is 100kg, and the height is 28".
http://www.somis.org/pb_fr.gif
http://www.somis.org/pb_top.gif

notes
  -- I do not recommend the Plywood Box amp for apartment dwellers or
for bicycle-mobile enthusiasts.
--  The Western diamond-back rattler on my front porch is a fake snake.

R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734
r@somis.org