Re: [Amps] Ideal bandswitch brand for 3 kW out Amp?

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ideal bandswitch brand for 3 kW out Amp?
From: Frank Goenninger <frgo@mac.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 11:22:00 +0200
Tom,

Am 30.06.2006 um 16:17 schrieb Tom W8JI:

> Measured voltages breakdown of sample switches:
>
> Centralab JV-9000 series single pole
>
> contact to rotor 8.5kV
> contact to contact 6 kV
> rotor to shaft 7.5kV
>
> Progressively shorting Centralab:
>
> contact to rotor 9.5kV
> contact to contact 7kV
> rotor to shaft 4.4kV
>
> RSC Model 80
>
> contact to rotor 8.5 kV
> contact to contact 10kV
> rotor to shaft 5.5kV
>
> The most troublesome breakdown voltage in an amplifier is contact
> to rotor breakdown. That's always the highest voltage on any band.
> The lowest circuit voltage is rotor to shaft. Maximum contact-to-
> contact is generally around half the value of contact-to-rotor
> voltage.
>
> 73 Tom

Thanks for providing measurement data. Comparing for example to
information from Multi-Tech Industries
(as found on http://www.multi-tech-industries.com/ - thanks, Will !)
I seem to need at least a model 90 switch ...

As indicated in another post there isn't enough data for making
choices/recommendations for selecting a particular switch. Now, of
course, my question is what that info might be you'd base a decision
for a band switch on?

Thx es 73 de Frank DG1SBG