Re: [Amps] New SGC Mini Lini Uses Class E Technology

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New SGC Mini Lini Uses Class E Technology
From: ToddRoberts2001@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:44:29 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/2006 12:21:07 PM Eastern Standard Time,
wlfuqu00@uky.edu writes:
The last thing I saw on this amplifier was a year ago.  I assume they
decided not to manufacture it. I certainly had my reservations about the
product, but it would been nice to have been proven wrong.

73
Bill wa4lav

SGC states in their website that they ran into connectivity problems with the
plug-in amplifier modules for the different bands for the Mini-Lini.  They
said the plug-in connectors were unreliable and they will have to try to
redesign the connectors or come up with a whole new concept for the amplifier.
It
looks like they used banana-plugs for the connectors in the pictures I have
seen.
They do plan to offer a complete single-band amplifier for 20 meters by the
end of this year. Just type in SGC Mini Lini in google and a link to their
current website will come up. 73 Todd WD4NGG.