Re: [Amps] QEX Innovative Tube Linear?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] QEX Innovative Tube Linear?
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 16:48:36 -0400
It was supposed to be 1.5 kilowatt, or 1500 watts. I was thinking 1.5 kW when I
wrote it, sorry for the misprint.

At the time, 8908's or M-2057's were $12 US each in quantity. That was $96 for
8 tubes where an Eimac 4CX250B was about the same price or more for one tube.
Now, the EL519 is about all that's available at about $15 US each. A quantity
of about 10-12 would be needed to equal the output of the 8 8908's since their
output is not as great. For 10 though, that would be $150 in tubes unless you
could find a vendor to sell them cheaper. If I recall, the old Galaxy amateur
amp ran 10 sweep tubes didn't they?

Best,

Will