Re: [Amps] Hi-Pot Tester for sale

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hi-Pot Tester for sale
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 16:01:00 -0400
All,

This doesn't look like a hipot, but just a low current HV supply. A hipot will
have a meter to show the trip current, and most of the time, a current trip
lamp will glow once a set current shows through the device under test. Even
though this one will show current doesn't mean it shows trip current (current
where the device fails or very low current). If it's a hipot, there should be a
trip current adjustment on it. One could use it as a HV supply and build an
external trip circuit. The one on Rich Measures website shows how to do this.
There's a few other hipot projects on the net also. A quick search on ebay for
hipot will show the difference.

Best,

Will