Re: [Amps] Crowbar that HV!

To: Amps Reflector <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Crowbar that HV!
From: Mark Hill <g4fph@mjha.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:09:29 +0100
Marv,
Peter,
Ian,
Ken,

Thanks for the  replies.  It seems as if the OE5 circuit is in active
service and should do the job.  I will start collecting parts - the
thyristors at least.

As to the triggering, I will build a (low voltage) test rig and try
the transformer method.  I like the look of its simplicity and am
curious to discover whether only a little processing of the (glitch)
current as detected in a low value resistor in the HV- (or even the
'glitch' resistor in the HV+) would suffice - KISS!

Marv, I would like a copy of the schematic for your crowbar.  It all
adds to the knowledge base!

Regards.

Mark.