[Amps] Just got done cleaning out my inbox

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Just got done cleaning out my inbox
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 09:16:34 -0700 (PDT)
And to think all this started because I happened to mention how I fixed my
TL-922 when the bad anode welds caused the HV to eat the grid chokes.  I'll be
sure not to post anything the next time I plan on being a way from my email for
a few days.

Sheesh.

However, one of the things I'm going to do when I go into my 3K-A next time
will be to directly ground the grids.  I had an arc *ONCE* in that amp -- when
I ignited the end insulator on one side of my dipole on 75m and it dropped into
the tree severely upsetting the load.  Must've been a hell of a show.  Wish I
could have seen it myself.  One of the fixes was to install 20A fuses on the
ends of the wire to save the end insulators.  All is well now.

BTW, in the time it took me to type this, I got 6 more AMPS emails.  We're
definitely getting our money's worth...

:-)

Joe, N3JI