Re: [Amps] Looking for info: SRF7053 device

To: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Looking for info: SRF7053 device
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:22:19 +0200 (CEST)
Steve said:
> In my experience they rarely work simply as drop
in replacements.<
Generally, it seems that in the semiconductor world, analogue second sources
very rarely are. Oh, sometimes, but even such mundane devcies as a 741 op amp
can vary enough in some parameter that although they meet the same test spec,
in some circuits they aren't a substitute. Happened with a change in the way
2N3055 were manufactured, a good few years back. Funny - back 50 or so years,
tubes tended to be the same - an RCA 6SJ7 was pretty much the same as a GE one.
I know that's not the case with tx tubes now.
73
Peter G3RZP