[Amps] Plexiglass coil forms

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Plexiglass coil forms
From: "Nelson Wittstock" <k8djc@zoominternet.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 03:15:25 -0000
In 1977 I made coil forms using plexiglass for my home brew amplifier.  This
was for ten, fifteen and twenty. Plans came out of the September, 1971 QST.
With an 8877 it has seen a lot of use since then.    It gets use now on all
bands  from 160 to ten except for 30 meters.  I recently added a toroid coil
and a home made switch to allow it to be used on 160.  Running full power,
it has worked flawlessly.

Unless the plexiglass formulation has changed, I would say to go ahead and
use it.

Nelson, K8DJC