[Amps] Mirage/KLM HF-10080 Information

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Mirage/KLM HF-10080 Information
From: "Hank Lonberg" <kr7x@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 10:49:11 -0700
G'day:

I have a Mirage/KLM HF-10080 Solid State Amp and have little
information about it. I was wondering about the design
philosophy of operation. It apparently is relatively wide in
frequency as there is not a band switch and from what I can
tell no output filtering. It uses SRF 3605 RF power
transistors. Are these available and how pricey?

It seems to output the published power of 800 watts with 100
watts of drive and in that regard seems to work.

I really would like to hear from anyone who has information
on the history, experiences and such.

Thanks for any and all information, maybe this should be
kept off list to lessen the bandwidth.

Ciao and 73

Hank / KR7X
IH9P Pantelleria Contest Team