Re: [Amps] Glued meters !

To: "Jim Tonne" <tonne@comcast.net>,"Larry Carman" <lncarman@swbell.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Glued meters !
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 19:18:47 -0400
>> I've mounted relays to chassis using clear silicon calk.
>> [snip]
>
> So have I, as a matter of fact.  But the original comment
> was
> whether this kind of thing is acceptable on a
> *commercial*
> unit.

If you read later posts, Hsu then said it **wasn't glued**
in the AL-811.

Quite frankly I can't remember if any units ever shipped
with the meters just glued. I know an initial prototype S/N
0001 I have here has the meters taped in.

I looked at a S/N that would correspond to the 100th unit
built (around the 1990 time frame) and the meters have
brackets.

So let's not get too carried away with this. Does ANYONE
have on glued in, or was this just another rumor that was
started??

73 Tom