Re: [Amps] What NOT to buy?

To: "bob finger" <finger@goeaston.net>,"Clint Talmadge" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] What NOT to buy?
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:29:54 -0700
Bob, I am curious to know what you don't like about the TL922. I own several
amps and use the 922 more than the others, primarily because of the instant
warm up. I like the vernier tuning dials. It is great on the HF bands. Of
course, the 80m and 160m bands are not handled very well. The tuning caps
are shunted by large doorknobs so the tuning range is rather limited but
this is a problem with many amps that do not switch to different tune/load
variables on the low bands. The quiet blower is very nice. The high coil
voltage on the T/R relay requires some consideration if you are using a
solid state xcvr. Just my thoughts.
73, Dan, N5AR