[Amps] FS: Spare Eimac 3cx800 tube

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FS: Spare Eimac 3cx800 tube
From: Robert Chudek - KØRC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 13:43:43 -0600
I have had several direct inquiries asking me about my decision to sell the
pair of Alpha 87A's. These were earlier production units, I believe with serial
numbers under 500.

My main reason was reliability. There were just too many trips back to the
factory for nickel parts failures, which initially were covered by warranty.
After that, the repair costs became excessive to me so they were both shipped
back, updated with all the latest features, and then sold with warranties.
Alpha Power helped move the units and were more than fair with this arrangement.

A secondary reason for the selling them was my tower/antennas came down in a
wind-shear event which took me off the air. I felt it would be better to put
the cash into the bank and buy new equipment when the time came to get back on
the air.

My current HF amplifier inventory includes an Icom IC-2KL, a Kenwood TL-922A
and a QRO HF-2500DX. The Icom and Kenwood are FS, and when they find new homes,
I will be looking for a second QRO.

Regarding the spare 3CX800... someone has made an acceptable offer so please
consider it spoken for.

Thanks everyone!

73 de Bob - K0RC in MN

Message: 1