Re: [Amps] Optoisolator for Keying Collins 30L-1 to Modern Rigs

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Optoisolator for Keying Collins 30L-1 to Modern Rigs
From: Karl-Arne Markström <sm0aom@telia.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 13:53:57 +0100
For simplicity, I would suggest the use of the Clare PLA140 opto-isolated
"solid state relay".
It can hold off more than 300 VDC and has a current rating of 200 mA.
Switching times are in the 0,5 ms range with 10 mA input drive.

The even faster International Rectifier PVA3354N opto-FET switch can be used if
the
steady state current is limited to less than 120 mA.

Both have been used to interface tube-type PA's to solid-state control circuits.

73/

Karl-Arne
SM0AOM