Re: [Amps] MLA2500 10 Meter Mod

To: bmaser@tampabay.rr.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] MLA2500 10 Meter Mod
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 08:06:15 EST

In a message dated 12/17/2006 7:44:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bmaser@tampabay.rr.com writes:

have my  MLA2500 up for sale on QTH.com and I received a query as to
whether the 10  Meter mod had been done.  How do you tell other than trying
to load  it up on 10?

Bob W6TR

Bob, The band switch should go one click beyond the 15 meter  position.
There should be a wire from the band switch on the 10M contact  to the plate
coil.
 It should work on 10 meters. Some Dentron amps had a  filter in the coax
line to the cathode of the tube which had a filter  which grounded frequencies
in the 27-29Mhz region.  That filter must be  removed or bypassed.  On many
occasions the filter was NOT shown on the  schematic but WAS there.
Good Luck 73 Lou