Re: [Amps] Tokyo Hy-Power and Elecraft

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tokyo Hy-Power and Elecraft
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 21:42:21 -0500
On Nov 23, 2006, at 9:37 AM, Pete Smith wrote:

> Also makes me wonder why there's nothing (that I could find) in the
> Elecraft reflector archive or their web site on their 1.5 KW
> amplifier, other than a picture of the one that was at Dayton.
> Does anyone know what is going on?

So far as anyone knows, it is still in the works. Last heard, they
were waiting for FCC type certification, as is required in the USA.
Latest estimate was that both the 800 and 1500W units would be
available January 15th.

I'm sure Elecraft is just as anxious to sell these things as hams are
to buy them.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901