[Amps] Linear amps for mobile

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Linear amps for mobile
From: "vk6jb" <vk6jb@amnet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 23:20:27 +0800
Seasons greetings to all,
I will be going portable / mobile in the new year and would like to take a
linear in the vehicle.
Can anyone tell me if there is a good unit that i can take to give me 500W -
600Wats O/P from 100W I/P or less if poss.
I would like to get a good tuner that will not overheat at all as well please.
Any sugestions would be very much appreciated.
I have a Kenwood TS 440SAT.
The Antenna's are:
Outbacker multi tap whip, G5RV and various mono and dual band dipoles. ( fan
dipoles )
Any assistance would be appreciated.
If you need more info, please ask. I can be contacted via the list of offlist
Which ever is best as i am new to this list.
Many thanks and seasons greetings to you all.
May 2007 be a better one for all of us !

Amateur radio station VK6JB
John Bearsby
BOX 500, Mirrabooka 6941
M: +61 (0)416 577 860