Re: [Amps] QST, and class AB/F MOSFET amps

To: Robertm@broadcast.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] QST, and class AB/F MOSFET amps
From: "wc6w@juno.com" <wc6w@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 18:14:53 GMT
Hi Robert,
  Well, at a fixed AM broadcast frequency a few poles of filter can
conjure up the required 10-20 uS delay.  That won't suffice at 10X the
frequency.

  Speaking of delays, I have a design which has almost a millisecond
of delay in the DSP RF path and therefore have to delay the audio
chain to match!

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W

-- Robert Meuser <Robertm@broadcast.net> wrote:
The group delay problem is almost always in the modulator path and not
the RF path. The bandwidth is relatively small in that chain. Am
stereo
stations dealt with this issue out to 15 kHz audio. Digital AM
stations
also use the technique across 30 kilohertz. Usually a compensating
delay
is put in the RF path. The bigger issue is the affect the antenna
would
have on this matching. A digital pre-correction scheme could handle
that. If you wanted an amp that worked perfectly from 160 M to 10M, it
would be a complicated design unless one was to settle for some manual
re-tuning.