[Amps] FL2100Z mods & tips wanted

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FL2100Z mods & tips wanted
From: Kees - pa7two <pa7two@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 18:00:55 +0000
Hi all AMPers,

I have a Yaesu FL2100z, which when it arrived at my house was burned-out in
several components. I was lucky enough to find all the replacements parts by
the help of Yaesu Europe and Yaesu USA.

I also fitted the amp with new Chinese tubes, 572B type. I observed that after
a tune up that the grid resistors and anode fuse (630ma) blew up. Reading the
internetpages, I read that the TC2, the neutraliszation cap, could be the
cullprit in this design, making the amp unstable. So I removed this TC2 and
indeed the amp is steady now, no more surprises.

However, I observe a very bad input SWR on all bands after the removal of TC2.
Now my question is, who did the same mod as me, removing the TC2 cap, and
reworked in the input circuits? Who can give me some hints & tricks to get this
amp up and running with a (much) better SWR?

Vy 73, de Kees

LetYourFingersTalk!

AmateurRadio : PA7TWO - M5TWO        Locator: JO22jp

DXCC 50MHz:  #827, DXCC 28MHz:  #32753, DXCC 21MHz:  #33533, DXCC 14MHz:
#41207, DXCC PHONE: #34292, DXCC MIXED:  #40745
HF: KWD TS850Sat + A1000 (400W) 2 ele spiderhead quagi HM at 15 Masl
6M: KWD 570DSG + A1000 (120W) 3 ele yagi HM (YO65) at 16 Masl