Re: [Amps] RK65/5D23 tetrode

To: Stirling Schmidt <kc0nxm@sbcglobal.net>,AMPS submit <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] RK65/5D23 tetrode
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 06:53:05 +0100 (CET)
>From the 1950 ARRL Handbook

RK65 Plate dissipation 215 watts, filament 5volts 14 amps, max plate volts
3000, max screen volts 500, max screen dissipation 35 watts, grid to fil
capacity 10.5pF, grid to plate capacity 0.24pF, olate to fil ccapacity 4/75pF,
Max freq fullr atings 60Mc.

Typical operation Class C amp telegraphy Plate volts 3000, screen volts 400,
grid volts -100, plate current 240mA, screen current 70mA, grid cvurrent 24mA,
approx grid driving power 6.0 watts Approx output power 510 watts.
Typical operation Class C amp telephony Plate volts 3000, screen volts left
blank, grid volts -150, plate current 200mA, screen current 70mA, grid cvurrent
22mA, approx grid driving power 6.0 watts Approx output power 380 watts. Screen
dropping resistor 30,000 ohms (presumably from modulated plate supply).

The usual source of tube data (http://frank.pocnet.net/index.html) doesn't list
it.
Hope this helps - I suppose, following the previous discussion, that this is
called an 'arkay'? Over here, I've heard '4CX' used for ''4CX250B'. but a '3x3'
is length of wood - not lumber - lumber consists of  the old suitcases, broken
table lamps etc stacked in the attic! Just as a 'torch' is really a
flashlight.....and a  'rubber' is an eraser.
73
Peter G3RZP