Re: [Amps] SB-220 Improvements

To: <Gudguyham@aol.com>, <cgalbrai@umich.edu>,<jantree@satlink.com.au>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 Improvements
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 10:30:50 -0600
Yeah well if it is printed in QST it is approved by God himself isn't it?

You cant believe everything you read.  I agree with Lou, the 220 is best
converted to completely be on 6 meters by itself.

The loading cap needs to be only about 150 pF and the plate tuner needs to
be about 25 pF if even in the amp.  It is best with a pair of 3-500's to use
a couple plate cap only and bend the coil for resonance.

By itself the 220 will make great 6 meter power.  I think you might be
really disappointed in a conversion, plus by the time you are done will have
screwed up a good running box.

A single band 220 on 6 is worth a lot more than an HF one.

Good luck.

BOB DD