Re: [Amps] Amp 10 m Output Fold Back Also on 15 m

To: "'Mike'" <k4gmh@arrl.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amp 10 m Output Fold Back Also on 15 m
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:49:51 -0600
Didn't my response to you get published?

AM I BEING RESTRICTED FOR SOME REASON?  I noticed a post taking all day
yesterday posted at 9:30 AM to make it up by evening.  If this is the case
I'll take my knowledge elsewhere.

I answered your question over 24 hours ago.

The 746 has a computer monitored SWR foldback.  This is the only ICOM to
have this aggressive setup except maybe the 7000.

AT 8 WATTS REFLECTED IT FOLDS BACK.  This is not adjustable.

Your reflected power climbs as your forward power goes up and blammo
foldback.

YOU will need to TUNE your tuned input better.

BOB DD