Re: [Amps] 8877 Longetivity

To: "'Nelson Wittstock'" <k8djc@zoominternet.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 Longetivity
From: "Harold Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:18:54 -0500
Dear Nelson,

There are reasons to not use a variac because of
what the effects are on the transformer it controls,
but these concerns take a back seat to the advantages
gained from closely monitoring correct filament voltage
at the tube socket.

If you're running a.c. on the tube filaments, be sure to
use a meter displaying a.c. RMS volts!

Hal Mandel
W4HBM